Sunday, November 26, 2006

What would you choose?

Men & Women, if your presented with these two choices of lifestyle, which one would you choose?

1: That of a Gamer




Or

2: That of a more ' normal ' person;





Sadly, many people discourage the first one and encourage to go with number 2 and ' socialize ' more. Many people think that gaming is really bad for and that you need to ' get out more ' when you fact, the whole idea of socializing involves going out and getting drunk every weekend! Which in turn, leads many people to alcoholism, a habit that is FAR more damaging than video games! ( Well, thats the impression I got when my well - meaning but mis - guided family tried to wean off video games )

Now, don't get me wrong, too much video games is bad for you and the only reason I was saved from going down the slippery slope of drinking is the fact that there is an alcohol problem in my family! Yes, I like going out to socialize but that DOES NOT MEAN I have to be drinking in order to do so!

It makes me feel left out, though and it can hurt at times, in fact, its getting to the point where I'm thinking of just leaving the whole idea of going out at the weekends behind in favor of doing stuff I enjoy and to work on stuff for college, which is far more important in the long run.

So, what option would YOU choose?

No comments: